I’ve been struggling a bit lately with where I’m at as a teacher. As I’m currently on holidays from my uni classes and my teaching work, I’ve enjoyed catching up on my blog reading and continued to engage with meaningful discussions around what good teaching is like. But because I’m still studying and not finished yet, I must admit that sometimes I feel a bit like an impostor. I often feel reluctant to actively engage in discussions on Twitter or post comments on others’ blogs because I feel like I have little by way of experience to contribute. In my mind I know that this is silly, as I already have several years of university level teaching experience under my belt. But I see these other great teachers out there and feel like I’m just the newbie and would be better off keeping my mouth shut. In my mind I know that it’s a valuable thing to already be engaging with other teachers out there but I just can’t shake the feeling that I don’t belong yet. Maybe I’m just being overly sensitive!
- @misshdavis Looks fantastic! I still haven't had much chance to use ours since the holidays but keen to get back into it! 1 month ago
- @adchempages It's a fantastic article! I've saved a copy for us to use for the task in future years - very well written! 3 months ago
- @adchempages I wish this was around about a month ago - my stus did an assessment task on this in terms of water quality, heavy metals 3 months ago
- @Meachteach So how will you be structuring it? 3 months ago
- @Meachteach What are you doing with them? 3 months ago